Micromeritics ASAP® 2420 Accelerated Surface Area and Porosimetry System uses the gas sorption technique to generate high-quality data for applications that require high performance/high sample throughput. Standard features include six independently operated analysis ports and a programmable and fully automated sample preparation module with twelve independently operated ports.
Micromeritics ASAP 2420 Accelerated Surface Area and Porosimetry System has been updated to include a new Enhanced Micropore (1-torr transducer) option. The 1-torr transducer extends the low-pressure measurement capabilities and allows enhanced performance for characterizing microporous materials using nitrogen, argon, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, and other fixed gases.
The multiport capabilities of the ASAP 2420 provide an ideal platform for research and quality control laboratories requiring high-throughput material characterization including: BET surface area, pore volume distributions, pore area distributions, micropore analysis, and NLDFT modeling of adsorption isotherms.
The ASAP 2420 is designed for high-performance/high sample throughput with six independently operated ports for adsorption analysis and a fully automated sample preparation module with twelve independently controlled stations. Samples may be added or removed from degas ports without disturbing the treatment of other samples undergoing preparation or analysis.
All ASAP 2420 systems feature a high-throughput mode to reduce analysis time. When high-resolution measurements or long equilibration times necessitate extended analysis times, the ASAP 2420 is capable of preforming unattended analyses for up to 60 hours without need to refill dewars. If an analysis of greater than 60 hours is required, a unique feature of the ASAP 2420 allows the dewars to be refilled during an analysis without disturbing the collection of isotherm data.
- With six independently operated analysis ports, a new analysis can begin as soon as another is finished. This provides an important advantage over many multiport instruments that require all samples to be prepared or analyzed at the same time.
- Extended analyses can be performed without refilling the Dewar. This allows unattended analysis of high resolution adsorption/desorption isotherms.
- BET surface area analyses utilizing six parallel runs can be achieved in as little as 30 minutes.
- The system allows dosing options of maximum volume increment or dosing over specified pressure ranges.
- The analysis temperature can be entered, calculated, or measured.
- Long-duration Dewars and patented Isothermal Jackets assure a constant thermal profile along the length of both the sample and saturation pressure (P0) tubes during the analyses. The P0 value may be entered, or measured either continuously or at selected intervals.
- The equilibration interval is user specified and enhanced to allow the user to define equilibration intervals for different parts of the isotherm.
- A low surface area option that uses krypton as an adsorptive to measure total surface areas of 5 m2 or less is available. This option features a turbomolecular drag pump, which provides the high vacuum required for krypton analyses, and a 10-mmHg pressure transducer, which allows accurate, repeatable pressure resolution. This option utilizes five of the six available sample ports.
- In addition to controlling the instrument’s operation, powerful Windows® software also reduces the raw data collected during the analysis. The reduced data can be reviewed or printed in a variety of easy-to-interpret tabular and graphical reports.
- Optional Confirm 21 CFR Part 11 software assists with compliance to FDA regulations. IQ and OQ services help assure that the system is validated for proper installation, accuracy, and consistent performance.